Monday 12 August 2013

C.A.N.S. and Trotsky - Operation Teapot & Lafayette's Swindle (mp3)

I said it before and I`ll say it again, I like Dan Reaves various noise \ musical projects. This time around it`s a short (nearly 14 minutes long) two songs mini album. I was expecting experimental noise and \ or harsh stuff, but man, was I wrong here. This is a collaboration between senior Reaves and Dana Young. Let`s start with:
1- operation teapot: beats + lil noise bytes \ bursts + synth + various samples + tight sequencing = near techno dirges with a spacey (space-out) atmosphere. I love this shit!!!
2- Lafayette`s swindle: beats + percussive elements + synth + light noise bursts (which goes into smoother moments, feels like ambient territory) = sounds like Tetsuo The Iron Man doing some type of digital hardcore raving, damn straight boys and girls!!!. Get it here: http://trotskyswatercooler.bandcamp.com/album/operation-teapot-lafayettes-swindle




No comments:

Post a Comment