Wednesday 13 August 2014

Hiroshima Yeah! # 113 (July 2014) (zine)



I feel blessed that Mark Ritchie sends me a copy of Hiroshima yeah! every month. I adore this 8.5 by 11 inches black and white, cut and paste, monthly zine.                   
On the front page there`s poetry and `the need to destroy things`. There is a lot of amazingly short and sweet poems this time around. Favorites include:
Kids
Cute to annoying 
In 0.7 seconds.
And:
Blank
Plain.
Blank.
That`s how I want to appear
From now on.
And also:
The way I unwind
The way I choose to unwind
May not be the same way
You choose to unwind:
It may cause you to worry
About my health
Or even make you feel
Superior in some way.
If this is the case,
I would respectfully suggest
That you mind your own
Fucking business.
Damned I can relate to that. Do your thing, and leave me alone. Let`s get down with business with Gary Simmons monthly insane ramblings of life on the outside. After serving time and now on probation baby!!! Gary has a unique writing style he should publish a book (dare I say a blog?). There`s a plethora of music, book, and concerts (`Angel Olsen`, `eels`and  `The Delines`)  reviews. Gary Simmons and Pete Coward (is this his real name?)  donate a couple of poems. Good stuff. Last but not least we end this zine with `Penguins`, a short story courtesy of head honcho Mark Ritchie himself!!! I highly recommend Hiroshima Yeah!, don`t just stand there and write Mark a nice letter. Contact: 
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK





No comments:

Post a Comment