Friday 21 November 2014

Hashisheen - the end of law (CD)




 I got this as a trade item (this CD was released in 1999, on Sub Rosa). This album offers a strong mix of spoken word with various music styles: ambient, darkwave ambient, minimalism, experimental, and minimal dub with percussive elements. This is a peaceful, extremely relaxing full length. Standout tracks are: `the divine self`(amazing ambient piece with minimal undertones), and `sologans`(a short track  of  evocative and cinematic ambience). There`s only one way to listen to this album: lying on your bed, headphones on with the volume full blast i.e. to make sure you hear / feel the numerous sonic subtleties at work here. I don`t know a lot about Bill Laswell (the man behind this project) except that he is a magnificent bass player and a prolific artist. I love `the end of law` CD it`s an incredible album. I recently got a hold of `Imaginary Cuba` CD and I can`t wait to find the proper time to hear it, enjoy it  and just relaxxx… The problem is when you`re getting older like me, time is a luxury you don`t have any more (ah, the joys of this modern world and the age of so-called global communications). I don`t want to sound like an old redundant geezer but if you can get a hold of this album, well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!         


                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment