Tuesday 29 October 2013

Forecast & Toxic Bliss (split tape)


I recently got my filthy hands on this rare, highly limited edition 25 copies cassette. This tape has two  sidelong tracks. Lets start with: `Forecast` which is the minimalist, natural disaster themed project of Sisto Rossi ( of Houses In Texas, Wallkeeper and Hatred). The track `stormclouds` (8.22 minutes)  sounds like a thunderstorm  recorded at full volume. He then `normalized` the track to make it even louder than before. It sounds like harsh noise with acoustic \ almost analogue undertones, brilliant stuff. Last but not least we have `Toxic Bliss`, a noise wall onslaught of Mitchell Rotunno (of Tjere and Untitled Productions).  The tracks name is `untitled`(11.29 minutes). It starts nice and  slow with some relaxing ambient noise , then it becomes louder and louder, harsher and harsher, damned my poor ears. Relentless harsh noise. This is not my cup of tea. It`s not bad, don`t get me wrong. But I heard soooo much noise which sounds the same. I like some variety in me noise menu. I recommend this if  you like old Merzbow,  MSBR, The Haters, GX Jupitter-Larsen, Con-Dom, and Sonic Disorder. More info here:  http://foreverescapingboredom.bandcamp.com/album/forecast-toxic-bliss-split-3

No comments:

Post a Comment