Friday 6 December 2013

Hiroshima Yeah! # 104 (October 2013) (zine)


This is a 8.5 by 11 inches black and white, cut and paste, five pager zine. On the  front page we have `poetry from a Leonard Cohen afterworld`Mark graces us  with a potent dose of amazing, ironic, makes me thirsty poetry. My favorite piece this time around is:
Philosophy
I shite,
Therefore I am
Now this is some mind boggling, profound,, deep down Uranus poetry. It inspires me too. Here`s my philosophical statement of the day:
Ambidextrous
I masturbate
Therefore I`m self-sufficient
thus being said next in line, there`s Gary Simmons `1.5 years behind bars`or as I would describe this `tales from the Inside`. It gives you an honest account about what it is being jailed in good old UK prison system. `Give me liberty or give me death`, damn straight. Also, there`s lots of music, concert, book and zine reviews. Interesting  `The Ceramic Hobs` album review. I`m really curious and interested. I have to find more information regarding CH. Last but not least, there`s another short ditty written by senior Ritchie himself `Anhedonia`. A Bukowskiesque, urban, lowbrow kind off drinking story (with a masturbatory undertone). It made me thirsty  like hell. Waiter, bring me a beer every ten minutes and when I`m drunk, every two minutes. Contact address: 
Mark Ritchie, 
94 Main Street
Forth, 
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK.



No comments:

Post a Comment