Wednesday 12 August 2015

Daruin – fake professor of Japanese pipe (mini CD)




Another fine mini CD from `the locus of assemblage` (a defunct UK based experimental label releasing limited editions works). This was released in 2003 and unfortunately it`s sold-out (I own copy # 51 / 200). Daruin is the solo experimental noise project of Kazuya Ishigami (from Japan). This is my second Daruin listening experience. About 10 – 15 years ago, I had split cassette with Daruin on one side and I think it was The Violet Grind on the other side. I traded that tape a long time ago (there was a good reason that I didn`t keep it, more likely it was of no interest to me). After repeated listens, I`m quite impressed. The music is a potent mix of field recordings (sounds like it was recorded in an abandoned factory), ambient noise, lo-fi noisy drones and samples of unknown origins. The end result is a short journey in the land of confinement, abandonment, meditative noisy / ambient noise with lots of subtleties involved i.e. INM (intelligent noise music). This one`s a keeper. MY PRECIOUSSS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment