Friday 9 October 2015

Parade – floating here (CD)




This album released in 1999 was the last Parade album recorded. I wanted to like this, I really wanted but I can`t. There`s 10 tracks for a total running time of 57.41 minutes. All the songs are beautifully crafted, unique in their own particular way. The tracks offer a nice mix of light gothic, electronic, ethereal dark, brooding, ambient and pop oriented. I recommend this album if you like this sort of music. It`s good, very, very damn good. The music sounds like a crossbreed between Cocteau Twins / This mortal Coil, Siouxie & The Banshees and The Cure. I truly enjoyed the instrumental moments, the vocals don`t work for me. Julie S. Faris has a magnificent fragile, yet strong voice. It just doesn`t seem to fit with this kinda music. Personally, I like my goth either dark i.e. Sisters Of Mercy or cowboy from hell i.e. Fields Of The Nephilim. I`m not much into 4AD style. Like I said, this is good. It just doesn`t mean I have to like it. Hey get a copy and hear it for yourself.                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment