Thursday 31 December 2015

Moby – play (CD)





I discovered Moby circa 1995-1996. During that period he was doing techno music. I remember when this album came out. It was worldwide success. Everybody recalls his numerous hits, `honey`, `find my baby`, `porcelain`, `why does my heart feel so bad?`, `south side (with Gwen Stefani)`, `bodyrock`, `natural blues` and `run on`. I bought this at Renaissance Montréal for like two dollars. I never heard this CD in it`s entirety. I wanted to know two things. Aside from the obvious hits, are there any songs worth my while?  Like brown rhum, did it age well? Does it sound dated like similar electronic music. `Play` came out in 1999 after all. To be honest even today it sounds great. Here are non-hit songs forgotten audio gems if you will that are definitely worth a listen or two:
6 – Rushing (3.00 minutes) = instrumental, deeply melancholic (in a non-gothic way) downtempo.
10 - ? (1.01 minutes) = short & sweet pop instrumental electronic / downtempo.
12 – Down slow (1.34) = synth + piano meets looped a breakbeat sample. Simple yet highly efficient.
15 – Inside (4.48 minutes) = minimal downtempo electronic music, now I`m chilling out here.

16 – Guitar Flute & string (2.09) = ambient / minimal, lo-fi at times electronic music. The track which doesn`t belong here. Definitely a classic album, highly recommended. Available everywhere, this is commercial music. Get your news here: http://www.moby.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment