Saturday 27 February 2016

Ladytron – witching hour (CD)





This is the third album from this Liverpool, UK band. One of my friends kept telling me ad nauseam that Ladytron are a cheap The Human League copy / imitation. Even though imitation is the best form of flattery. They both come from England and their music is electronically oriented. That`s the only things they have in common. Their sound is a potent mixture of: pop, indie rock, electropop, electronic which goes sometimes in shoegazing territory. They use old synthesizers but also incorporate guitar, bass and real drums. I bought this at Renaissance Montréal for a measly 2.00$. A damned good deal if you ask me. This album is excellent. All the songs are amazing. There`s 13 magnificent tracks (total running time = 58.51 minutes). My standout song?
2 – Destroy everything you touch (4.36 minutes) = synthpop + new wave + indie rock with haunting vocals. That`s what I`m talking about. My desert island disc list keeps getting bigger and bigger these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment