Thursday 7 February 2013

Media Junky # 17 fall 2012 (zine)



Last week, I got a small parcel, courtesy of Jason Rodgers (my Psionic Flesh partner in crime). Here's the latest Media Junky zine. MJ is a publication / music review zine. Jason only reviews physical releases which means he' s not into digital / internet culture. He believes the internet promotes passivity and transforms everything into mere image. Personally, I think that both physical and / or digital cultures are compatible. I think the net, if used properly (just like anything) is an amazing promotional tool. And yes, I prefer actual paper letters than emails. I like to hold in me hands what I'm reading (be it a book, a magazine, name it baybee).  
               Anyways, this is a half-sized, cut and paste, 8 pages long zine. There's 25 zines reviews and 12 music reviews (a total of 37 amazing reviews). I really like Jason' s reviews, they' re short and sweet and on the ball. Good educational, informative reading material indeed. Now get a piece of paper, write him and send him a couple of bucks to cover those excruciating pain in the ass postage fees. 
Contact address:
Jason Rodgers
PO Box 62
Lawrence
MA
01842
USA     

No comments:

Post a Comment