Friday 26 April 2013

Librarian – Never Been To Basinstoke (CD-R)




 Listening to a lot of noise, experimental music and various kinds of assorted weirdness, can be a bit tedious at times. Once in awhile I need a break, you know what I`m mean.  And what a good break this is. Librarian operated from 1988 to 1992. It was a four piece band comprised of Mark Ritchie (Hiroshima Yeah!)  on vocals, Stephen boyd (guitar, harmonica, piano, recorder), David Tough (bass), Scott Sneddon (drums) and Gary Curran (drums). Librarian was an indie rock outfit with a low-fi pop (and I mean in a good way) sensibility. There`s fifteen songs on this here CD. I like them all. My favorite track is `the withering`. It recalls The Jesus And Mary Chain circa Psychocandy (if they could rock). Mark told me that this sounds shitty at times. I wouldn`t say that. It sounds low-fi and homemade at the same time (which is a human quality, it`s not perfect, not cold and digital dammit!).  I like this even more after my first six pack. But then again everything looks \ sounds better after my first six pack. If you send Mark a polite request he might send you a copy. Personally, I recommend sending him a trade (maybe he will review it in Hiroshima Yeah!). Contact:

 Mark Rithchie, 
94 Main Sreet, 
Forth, 
Lanarkshire,
ML11 8AB
UK.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment