Friday 19 July 2013

Give Me Cassettes Or Give Me Death / # 1-2-3 (zine)





Jeremy `Satan`s God` Bequette send me the first three issues of GMCOGMD. This is a 8.5  by 11 inches, black and white cut and paste publication (every issue is 20 pages long). GMCOGMD is a thrift store cassette review zine.  Once in a while I visit thrift stores and check out the music. Usually there`s nothing interesring, no Sonic Disorder, Vaginal Discharge, Lull or Elmore James cassettes. You will find tons of one hit wonders, eighties hair metal bands, crappy commercial soundtracks, shitty rap, forgotten gems (which should simply lay forgotten), and maybe some thing worthwhile after all.  I had a good time reading this because Jeremy never takes himself too intellectually \ seriously, his reviews are highly vulgar and offensive, in a juvenile matter. I read some reviews of  commercial garbage that I bought a long time ago. Here`s a small humiliating list of said tapes:


                                       
Yes – 90125: remember `owner of of a lonely heart`? Yes,  that bad.



Jesus Jones – doubt; right here, right now another one hit wonder. And last but not least:



Rednex – sex and violins. Cotton- eyed Joe a mix of hillbilly music and techno. HEEH HAW losers!!! Now let me get my puke bag so I can purge myself. Highly recommended. Feel free to conctact him: 
Jeremy Bequette
P.O. BOX 190
Belleville,
Illinois
USA,
62222




No comments:

Post a Comment