Saturday 6 July 2013

Painful Defecation - songs about Jesus sampler (cassette)



I recently received a small parcel from local underground comic book  legend Kurt Beaulieu. He send me a small zine and an audio tape. `Painful Defecation`  is senior Beaulieu`s  own solo noise \ experimental noise project. I have maybe five or six different Painful Defecation CD`s at my home. Even though I`m open to almost everything, I`m not a particular fan. The CD`s are full of songs (which is a good thing) but most of said songs are too short and seem to fall apart. They sound like samples or rough drafts i.e. unfinished pieces. This is a hsort cassette (under 23 minutes) with seven tracks. Here`s a small description of what`s in store for us….
1- le docteur Manta reapparait: meditative ambient noise (recalls Forbidden Planet soundtracks at times).
2- grunderzeit: alien experimental muzak & low-fi beats (simply adorable).
3- Sonia et Lilly; low-fi beats colliding with weird noise bytes and processed voice (welcome to strangeland brothers and sisters).
4- german sex (pedo bear mix); ambient noise done with various processed sounds.
5- la seconde venue de Maurice Papon: peaceful, yet meditative ambient noise.
6- mormor, mor, mor, mor: more ambient noise.
7- blorp exz: low-fi electroacoustic noise maybe?
I`m impressed, this is the best Painful Defecation album. All the songs are pretty damn amazing, they flow well together, highly recommended. I wonder if Kurt is still using and old Mac to record is stuff. I`ll try to get an interview later on. You can download a bunch of albums here:
The man`s got his own blog too:

No comments:

Post a Comment