Friday 5 July 2013

Shy Rights Movement - only the lost can find their way & Timo - I must be right (seven inches)




 I got another package, courtesy of Mark Ritchie (Hiroshima Yeah! Zine).  I transferred both seven inches on my hardrive so I can listen to them on my portable mp3 player. That`s when my problems started, my record player is toast. I managed to do the transfer but the tempo is too slow (can`t make it faster).  Which makes this a difficult listen. I might as well make it short and sweet (my apologies Mark).  `Shy Rights Movedments` (Mark`s band) has two songs of emotionally brooding indie acoustic folk (good stuff). Recalls at times, in no particular order: The Cure, Johnny Cash and dare I say a stripped down, less gothic version of Sisters of Mercy. `Timo`s`next. 


There`s three songs in there, with basic instrumentations: guitar, bass and drums. The music is dark (schizophrenic at times), somber indie pop with punk undertones thrown in for good measure. The recording is low-fi,  you can sense a  feeling of delicate sensibility \ intimacy, more introspective than in your face. I urge you to contact Mark before this is sold out, yes it`s that damn good.
Mark Rithchie,
94 Main Sreet,
Forth,
Lanarkshire,
ML11 8AB,
UK.                          



No comments:

Post a Comment