Monday 29 September 2014

Dysthymia - those silent thoughts (cassette)



                           
This is the second time I get my greedy hands on a Dysthymia release. Dysthymia is  an American project of depressing and noisy analogue and industrial works. To be honest, I don`t find thid depressing at all. I find this noisy and times but not like an all out wall of noise assault ( MSBR anybody?). there`s six tracks on this sixty minutes long tape. And what does it sounds like? Well, here goes;
1 - The formation of illogical thoughts patterns: short noise bursts mixed with rhythmic noise.
2 - Recalling my every failure, a sick amusement: noise drones which generates a cold and desolate atmosphere.
 3 - My composed and stoic persona is a convincing lie: self generating / regenerating noise burst / drones.
4 - A compulsion for self-inflicted misery: grinding, grating ambient noise with mucho dark undertones (now that`s why I came here for).
5 - An ominous knell pervades past,present,future: a scary atmosphere simply done with a good dosage of short noise bursts (doing more with less).
6 - Calmly drifting out of orbit- A requiem: claustrophobic, spacey ambient noise (in space no one can hear you scream folks). Contact:  
Self Abuse Records  
PO box 87 
Groveton  
NH 
03582  
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment