Thursday 18 September 2014

Music update

As I said in a post a while back I found a lot of old `Leper Collective` stuff on my laptop. Upon closer examination, I discovered raw material for our third album which was going to de titled `dinosaurs`. The concept behind this is simple. There`s one 80 minute long track divided in four parts:
A – noise (20 minutes).
B – ambient (20 minutes).
C – noise (20 minutes).
D – ambient (20 minutes).
Part one and two where already completed. There was a partially finished noisy part three. I started recording some raw noise bytes, processed them and mangled them beyond recognition (Flesh For frank territory anybody?). I assembled all of these noise parts together, thus creating a twenty minutes track of experimental noise. Next step is recording ambient material. I started messing around, doing live jam sessions with my STS-24 VST. The STS-24 is an amazing piece of virtual synth it can generate various types of ambient, minimal, dark wave ambient and spacey music. I could play with this all day long. To make a long story short I created a twenty minute piece of weird / evolving / spacey / ambient music. Then I glued all four parts together using another great freeware named `WAVGLUE`. The end result is a 82 minutes long track. I had to edit it the thing was way too big for a regular CD.  I managed to edit and burn it on CD-R.  Now it`s a 77 minute mix of noise / ambient/ noise / ambient. I also have to say that at this present time and space that `Leper Collective` was mostly me. Maim Paterson provided me with some raw audio samples / jam sessions. But I was the one recording 97 % off all tracks on our two albums (Of Toasters And Burnt Toasts and Channel Zero). He recorded only three tracks. That`s why I decided to call it quits. So the next `Leper Collective` albums (I plan on recording two or maybe three at most) will be named `LPR CLLCTV`.  The first one titled `Dinosaur noisers` is completed and will probably be released on Wreck Age Recordings. The second LPR CLLCTV album is named `The final chapter`. I recorded recently four pieces, which are:
A – defective detective.
B – uct – 1.
C – cosmic needle.
D – testosterone apple pie.      
                Now why am I working on an old, forgotten, unknown experimental noise project? My laptop is full of raw audio material (tests, jam sessions, samples, nearly completed tracks and audio madness). I need to make some room. I also want to end anything connected or remotely connected to Leper Collective and / or LPR CLLCTV. Those projects are dead (nearly dead right now) and I want to move on and do something else, like working on more Minimal Frank material, or perhaps some long overdue Flesh For Frank stuff.       

No comments:

Post a Comment