Friday 26 September 2014

Horishima Yeah! # 114 (August 2014) (zine)


HY! Is a 8.5 by 11 inches cut and paste, black and white, monthly five pager zine. There`s a picture of Bob Hoskins on the front page. He was a famous English actor who starred in classics like: The Cotton Club, Brazil, Pink Floyd The Wall, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Nixon, Super Mario Bros (not a classic but I liked it, hey, I`m weird, sue me), Enemy At The Gates, and Hollywoodland. There`s `the promise beauty` poetry corner. Favorite poems include:
Thinking too much
Thinking too much
Doesn`t help you
Get through life
Most of the time.
And
The feeling doesn`t reach me
People keep telling me 
How great I am,
How capable I am,
What a good friend I am, 
I hear the words,
Believe the intention,
Yet still the feeling 
Doesn`t reach me.
I always enjoy reading those poems it`s definitely potent stuff.  We also have `The Great Rock Tolchock`, Gary Simmons monthly installment of life in jail. This is weird, hilarious, crazy i.e. not an easy read that`s for sure. There`s some music and concert (Neil Young + The National Park) reviews. Mark Ritchie writes `a dog named tofu`. A short story  about what happens when you ingest unknown pills and drink too much at the same time, We end this zine with `Doctor Thornaby`, written by A Willshaw. Man, you have to read this to believe it. Now for the next step in evolution, write Mark a nice letter to get a copy of `Hiroshima Yeah! `. Contact: 
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK

Email: donbirnam@hotmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment