Wednesday 10 December 2014

Hirorishima Yeah! # 117 (November 20 14) (zine)



I just reveived in the mail today my monthly installment of this lovely 8.5 by 11 inches cut and paste, black and white, five pager zine. The cover star of this issue is lord cut-up himself Willaim S Burroughs. About thirty years ago I started reading `the naked lunch`, and never finished it. I was more into Howard Phillip Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Baudelaire (les fleurs du mal), Gaston Leroux and Agatha Christie. Burroughs was way too weird for me at the time. We have on the front page poetry with `a hunger for pain that`s endless`. My favorite poems are:
Wait for the light
Wit sit and wait
For the light
That may never come.
And
After the referendum
After the referendum,
There are still a lot of people
With YES posters in their windows.
Perhaps they are all
Rick Wakeman fans.
Good one maybe they`re all Daniel Bryan fans as well. Gary Simmons writes `1.5 years on probation`. It gives you an idea of the life in jail in the Uk, with  lots of obscure, antisocial, funny as hell music references included. There`s some music, concerts (`Wooden Wand`, live in Glasgow and `The Hold Steady`also in Glasgow), DVD and book reviews. We have more texting insanities from DA MAN himself Gary Simmons (`fuck the cheque`what a cool title).  Mark Ritchie if you read my reviews and I`m sure you do, I have a friendly advice for you. You should definitely publish a book with your short stories and / or poetry. I really enjoyed reading `window seat`, simply amazing (if you want to know what it`s all about contact Mark, THIS I COMMAND!!!).  We close this zine with the monthly serial `Doctor Thornaby chapter 3` (by: A Willshaw). Contact: 
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK

No comments:

Post a Comment