Saturday 6 December 2014

`I`m in law school,`said Alex Schwartz (mini CD-R)



A friend of mine who owns a small independent record label recently gave me six plastic bags full of CD`s / cassettes / DVD`s. He was moving in a smaller apartment and he needed more room, hence the cool donations. The first thing that caught my attention  was this small CD-R.  I do a search on google but can`t find much information. Upon closer examination I notice two things: it`s self-released and it has a limited edition of… God knows what, I own copy number fifteen. I don`t know if this is done on purpose but all three tracks keep skipping most of the times. This is definitely an annoying listening experience. Track number one has vocals with psychedelic guitar. If Syd Barrett was still alive and jamming, well you get the drift. The second song has more vocals and new wave chiptune music. Devo meets Super Mario Bros perhaps (great stuff, definitely standout material here). The last track has some fuzzed out electric guitar mixed with even more vocals. It sounds like a lowbrow, low-fi version of `Jesus And Mary Chain`s`first album `Psychocandy`. The only contact information is an old email address:  
bayspress@hotmail.com
I don`t know if it`s still valid but it`s certainly worth a try. This mini CD-R was self-released in 2003 and seems to be a one shot only. Too bad it`s skipping most of the times GGGODDDDAMMITTT!!!                                                 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment