Wednesday 10 December 2014

Magic Moods – tropical rain forest (CD)


I bought this at Renaissance Montréal for 3.00$ on a cold Sunday afternoon. I think I purchased something like three DVD`s and five or six CD`s that day. It looked like field recordings so, of course, I bought it.  I`m a sucker for field recordings. I was just hoping it didn`t sound like some of the usual relaxing new age music crap out there.  Upon the first listen, I`m pleasantly surprised it really sounds like field recordings. I hear water running, rain falling, birds chirping,  minimal unidentified nature sounds, insects doing… Well you know what they do ok?  Insect things,  Which are sonically too weird to explain / interpret here. First letdown this album consists of one track and at 22.07 minutes it`s too short for my taste buds (they could have released this on a mini CD-R).  Second letdown, after repeated listenings it gets annoying like hell. The various birds have some highly piercing / squawks, it sounds like short distorted violin samples. If you are able to forget the birds, well this is a pretty damned good but short tropical rain forest recording. I saw this for 4.51$ (and without the shipping it`s 2.00$) on amazon.com, good deal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment