Friday 17 April 2015

Hiroshima Yeah! # 122 April 2015 (zine)



This is my favorite 8.5 by 11 inches, cut and paste, black and white, monthly five pager zine. The cover star of this issue is none other than Lou Reed himself (1942-1973). He was the lead guitarist of The Velvet Underground. And I do plead guilty your honor, I never heard their music, therefore I have absolutely no idea what they sound like. A couple of years ago, I used to own Lou Reed`s `Hudson River Wind Meditations `CD. Like I said, I used to own said album (you draw your own conclusion here). On the front page we have poetry `for the numb and the dumb `. My favorite poems this time around are:
Bosses
I had no respect for them anyway
But seeing them dancing about
In a `silent disco `
With painted faces
And clad in fancy dress
While I`m trying to work
Truly makes me wonder
If I`m on the same planet
As these motherfuckers.
And
Unaware
Probation officers and bosses
Who are unaware
Of typewriters,
Video recorders,
And a world before,
The instant empty hit of now;
They are the future,
We are the past.
Next in line, there`s some music, book and concert reviews (Morrissey + Buffy Sainte-Marie – The Hydro, Glasgow, 21-03-2015).
Then, there`s the usual slab of contributors, doing; `The Great Rock `N`Roll Tolchock` (Gary Simmons monthly adventures of life on the inside, he should write a book), `the cunt form deacon blue`s here` (Mark Ritchie + Gary Simmons insane texting gozungus nonsense), `doctor Thornaby, chapter 9` (A.Willshaw). We end this lil zine with `seven or eight `a short story from da man, Mark Ritchie himself (a weird / warped interrogation shorty or so it seems, and nothing really seems as it seems da end). Contact address:      
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment