Saturday 16 May 2015

Monroeville Music Center – generic product (MP3)



One of my Facebook friends recommended this album. I was curious, never heard of Monroeville Music Center before. I got it from www.bandcamp.com . I`m listening to this going to work. I have to admit, I`m pretty impressed. This was recorded with old analogue synthesizers, namely the Optigan and the Orchestron. It sounds like a music mixture of Kraftwerk (with less sequencing), Plone and maybe a little dose of Monsieur Blumenberg here and there. The music is a potent blend of minimal electronics / synth with some elements of funk, lo-fi pop, psychedelics and minimalism. And yes, it does sound vintage, and I mean that with total respect here. This was an enjoyable listening experience. I like everything in there. Standout tracks are:
04- song#4 (2.45 minutes) = weird, mellow, syrupy minimal electronics, miam, miam.
05- song#5 (1.44 minutes) = nerdy, melancholic electronica, great stuff.
07- song#7 (1.49 minutes) = old school (it sounds like those dirty seventies) analogue electronic music.                                                 This album is short, nine tracks with a total running time of 15.50 minutes. Sort and sweet indeed. More info here: http://monroevillemusiccenter.bandcamp.com/album/generic-product


No comments:

Post a Comment