Saturday 16 May 2015

Monroeville Music Center – generic product manufactured (MP3)

This is a live recording where Monroeville Music Center plays material from their first album titled `generic product`. While hearing this I get the feeling of déjà-vu. The music is great, the various pieces are oh so perfect (even with old school analogue synthesizers) it sounds crystal clear, so perfect. The live album sounds like a studio album (Kraftwerk anyone?). it`s perfect but at a certain level it sounds lifeless, emotionless, almost like a digital recording (CD anybody?). Aside from that I really liked this album. My other complaint, well it`s too short for me own taste buds (nine tracks with a total running time of… Under 20 minutes). But then again I kind of prefer my music short and sweet (definitely better than long, boring and redundant). I can feel / hear some influences at work: Space (proto spacy disco elements), Yellow Magic Orchestra (them nice old school groove synth sounds), Dimitri From Paris (them kitsch but cool vibes), and maybe some NES video game music (Metroid, Battle Of Olympus, Athena, Kid Icarus perhaps). I like this album a lot. Get it here:   http://monroevillemusiccenter.bandcamp.com/album/generic-product-manufactured

No comments:

Post a Comment