Wednesday 19 March 2014

Earth – Hex: or printing in the infernal method (CD)




I got  this has a trade. Never heard of Earth so I googled it. It turns out this is a band formed in Olympia in the early nineties. Then they  moved to Seattle. Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) and Kelly Canary (Dickless) contributed vocals on their first EP `extra capsular extraction`. This feels like grungy  music indeed. I`m home and after the first listen I`m thinking what da fuck is this?  The music offers a mix of various styles: instrumental, grunge, heavy metal,  doom. Minimalism, low-fi, almost country with lots of psychedelics involved.    The proper way to define and describe this album would be… this is minimal guitar plodding with minimal drumming at it`s best. It sounds like minimal, grim, slowcore, doom oriented instrumental country tracks. The perfect soundtracks for a couple of Alejandro Jodorowsky movies (I`m thinking `El Topo`and `The Holy Mountain`). There`s nine tracks in there (for a total running time of 46 minutes, kinda short, I know). It was released at the time on `Southeren Lord `label: www.southernlord.com

No comments:

Post a Comment