Wednesday 26 March 2014

Hiroshima Yeah! # 108 (February 2014) (zine)


A  monthly 8.5 by 11 inches black and white, cut and paste, four pager, monthly and amazingly great zine.      There' s a cool logo cover drawing by Andrew Willshaw.  We start things off with poetry and `this  same unending ache`. I foud a lot of amazing poetry but managed to scope out my three favorite ones here:
Nothing
Your expression is so serious 
Yet your life
Means nothing at all
And :
Minimum Amount
I prefer using
The self-service checkouts
In supermarkets now
For the minimum amount
Of human interaction.
Last but not least`:
The freedom I craved
The freedom I craved
Has turned into empty, aimless days
Of walking
Waiting
Worrying
Pounding the same streets
Beneath the same sky,
Going nowhere
Trying to elongate the caffeine rush
Until it can be replaced with alcohol,
I sit in silence
Behind dirty windows.
Awe inspiring, isn`t it? Then we get some deep philosophical thinking with `1.5 years behind bars`. Gary Simoons monthly installment of life behind bars in the UK. I love this dude`s writing it`s  poignant real life stuff (not reality show material).   There`s the usual pile of music, books and concert (The New Mendicants)  reviews. We end the zine with  two short stories:  ` sweet dreams are made of this: fuck off, Annie Lennox` (with a name like this you know it`s Gary Simmons writing for sure, ah, ah, ah) and `a night on the town`(Mark Ritchie).  I laughed my ass off after reading this. Contact address: 
Mark Ritchie, 
94 Main Street, 
Forth, 
Lanark, 
ML11 8AB, 
UK. 
                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment