Saturday 21 March 2015

Hiroshima Yeah! # 129 (February 2015) (zine)




The latest issue of my favorite 8.5 by 11 inches cut and paste, black and white, monthly zine (six pages long this time around). On the front page we open things up with poetry `hungry as winter `. I enjoy reading Mark Rithchie`s poems, subtle, slightly dark / melancholic / foreboding perhaps, always short and sweet. Here`s a couple of examples:
Not a Haiku
Snow falling outside
Cosy pub.
We stay inside.
And
Text message sent just after phoning in sick
The sun has come out
And I feel light as a feather.
Man, now I`m getting thirsty here. There`s the usual monthly contributors like Gary Simmons (the great rock `n `roll tolchock & aggravation all over = texting madness), and A Willshaw (Doctor Thornaby chapter 7). Next we`re treated with some DVD, book and music reviews. There`s a nice, sad, violent, lovely short story by senior Mark Ritchie `the lantern `.  It would make a nice short drama / film noir movie. One last thing I have to mention, There`s this weird, psychedelic, single panel comic-strip done by Dr Adolf Steg which nearly me nightmares. It`s a mix of old underground comix and DIY punk art, slightly disturbing. I LIKE IT! I LIKE I(T! I LIKE! More information here:  http://www.batcow.co.uk/steg/contact.htm
Contact:
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB

UK

No comments:

Post a Comment