Sunday 1 March 2015

Painful Defecation - The Christmas Album (Formerly Girls On Girls Volume 38) (MP3)



I`ve been busy downloading a lot of what seems like cool / interesting free mp3`s from www.archive.org and www.bandcamp.com. I discovered a lot of recent Painful Defecation albums. They were just waiting to be downloaded. And you know me I`m a little excessive / compulsive person (I`m polite here ah, ah, ah). There`s nine songs on this short album (total running time = 25.24 minutes). I`ve listened to a lot of Kurt Beaulieu (Montréal`s own) material these last couple of years. He`s always recording something highly and / or remotely interesting (especially is older material). I have to say that at the precise time I`m writing this review that this is the best Painful Defecation album I heard so far. He offers a good variety of music / noisy styles: ambient noise & some audio fuckeries (septic), ambient noise with percussive element included (girls on girls), funky beats & a plethora of found sounds / samples (girls on girls part 2), abstract ambient noise (stylophonic, girls on girls part 6), ambient with percussions (girls on girls part 3, girls on girls part 5, les dommages testiculaires furent réduits au minimum), and glitch with beats (girls on girls part 4). If you dig musically engineered noise (which definitely doesn`t sound like your regular MSBR / Merzbow recording) than this baby`s for you. Lots of freebies here: http://painfuldefecation.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment