Friday 17 July 2015

Monsieur Populaire – inachevelures volume – 1 (1993 - 1998) (MP3)



This album is a compilation of various drafts / unfinished tracks. I like this 18 pieces = 70.09 minutes long album. It`s an interesting listen. Jimmy Beaulieu explores various music styles he likes to experiment, he likes to have fun and it shows. I`m sure he had a great time recording all this. The overall feeling / impression here is diversity. Diversity in styles, numerous tracks, numerous music styles: electronic, techno, minimal garage electronics (track # 5: numéro 782), experimental electronic music, minimal techno / electronic, a mix of electronic music + noise, lounge and a noise track. The noiser in me was particularly impressed (even though I liked everything) by the following:
4 – Presque – version 2 (4.46 minutes) = electronic music slowly going into noise territory, enjoy / feel the noise, it`s getting there.

12 – Gertrude (4.00 minutes) = a mix, a stew, a jambalaya of various low-fi noise bytes pummeling what`s left of my brains. Damned my ears are bleeding and screaming for help. Baby I`m coming home!!! Feed me more please!!! Have no fear, get it here: http://jimmybeaulieu.com/monsieur-populaire/                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment