Thursday 14 April 2016

Basement Jaxx – kish kash (CD)




Basement Jaxx are a British electronic dance duo with Felix Buxton and Simon Ratcliffe. This is their third album (I bought it at Renaissance Montréal for 2.00$). The only thing I know about them is their big hit `where`s your head at `, on their second album `rooty ` (2001). I was expecting a similar music style. After repeated listens, I`m puzzled. Part of me hates this. Musically it`s not what I expected. The bigger, stronger, more technology part of me likes this album. They can musically evolve and reinvent themselves. It makes me curious. I wonder what their other releases sounds like. You will hear fourteen tracks (50.42 minutes) of groovy, festive music (it will wanna make you groove all night long). The music is a solid mix of electronic / UK garage with elements / traces / influences of rap, soul, disco and funk. Standout tracks:
7 – Plug it in (4.51 minutes) = groovy, funky electronics / UK garage = instant dancefloor satisfaction.
8 – Cosmolude (0.55 minutes) = a nice, short & sweet almost ambient sonic interlude. This is good. Believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment