Wednesday 25 September 2013

Black Beast of Arrrghhh and Trotsky's Watercooler – Blackwater (mp3)



I don`t know if this is a free form live noise                      
improvisation or a collaboration (someone records a skeleton track, then both artists take turns adding stuff, until completion). On the website it reads that Zach Short (BBOA) is doing his thing while Dan Reaves (TW) is doing what he does (whatever that means). A track featuring some of my favorite Florida noisers (along Meatball Machine & Mayan Apocalypse) you can`t go wrong here. Blackwater uses a good dosage of distortion mixed with (in no particular order): found sounds, beats, chaotic percussions, dark synth lines and is that an accordion I hear in the background? The end result is a long (18.23 minutes) piece of evolving experimental noise with melancholic undertones. When I mention melancholic, I don`t mean light gothic stuff. I mean a kind of sad sorrow i.e. melancholia, that`s all. I love long experimental noise pieces like `blackwater`. You never get bored there`s always something fluctuating, evolving, happening and that`s a good thing. Download it here:     

2 comments:

  1. We recorded this live, together in the same room. I'm a fan of Zach and what he brings to the table. We had a great time recording this.
    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is amazing stuff, again. Would you like to do an interview perhaps?

      Delete