Wednesday 18 September 2013

Trotsky's Watercooler - bucksnort (mp3)



This is a short album, there`s 26 tracks,  and they`re  all run under two minutes each. In his own words, here`s  Dan Reaves explanation regarding this album: `These are electronic recordings made on my laptop when I was an truck driver. It was an experiment where I tried to create a minute track a night. I put together the ones I thought came out the best. I used Garageband and a demo version
 of Abelton for most of the tracks. I tried to create all my own original beats, but some are there are some preprogrammed  in here`. The tracks are too short to get bored. Unfortunately they`re not long enough to get into \ enjoy. This is Trotsky`s Watercooler most accessible recording so far. If you`re a hardcore noiser you won`t like this. But then again, if you`re not into experimental noise you will definitely dig this album, that`s for sure. Dan Reaves explored various music styles: light techno, chill-out grooves, beat heavy electronics, some weird & some smoother electronic moments and a couple of newave ditties as well . Great stuff. Get it here:   http://trotskyswatercooler.bandcamp.com/album/bucksnort


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, again, for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime mon ami. Would you like to do an interview perhaps?

    ReplyDelete