Saturday 28 September 2013

Portrait of Vladimir Sokolov

One of my coworkers, Vladimir Sokolov is a Russian immigrant. He`s a well educated intelligent man with a, I would say particular sense of humor (Russian sense of humor perhaps). He also likes my weird drawings. He recently asked me to draw his portrait, with my satirical \ abstract style. He was willing to pay me as well. I accepted his offer right away. I told him I needed a picture. So here`s what he looks like:


I did two preliminary sketches. The first one looks like him.



On the second one, I decided to exaggerate his facial features. This one looks like a caricature or a weird psychedelic cartoon.


Then I started working on the real thing. It took me three weeks to do. I was drawing at work (during my morning and afternoon breaks) and also on two Sunday afternoons I spent at the public library. I like the calm, quiet and peaceful atmosphere (which is highly inspiring indeed). To add variety, I used different drawing materials: pencils, black ink, color markers, charcoal and felt pens. And finally, the end result …


Pretty impressive, eh? I`m really proud of my work. My colleague, mister Sokolov his also very happy. This is the first time I sell an original. I just hope to sell more art in the future. Who knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment