Thursday 5 September 2013

Minimal Frank update

The other day I was surfing the net. I decided to check out hal McGee`s website because there`s always something going on. That`s when I stumbled upon the MOMA (museum of microcassette art) which is a netlabel based on, you`ve guessed it microcassette recordings. You contact Hal via email, then he sends you two microcassettes. You keep one if you like to trade recordings. Then you have to fill up the second one with basically anything ( as long as they don`t have racist or homophobic sounds or images). I didn`t feel like recording noise (no Flesh For Frank material) for such project. I didn`t feel like doing pure, raw improvised stuff either. What was I gonna do? Maybe I could record some new Minimal Frank material. Then I could record this new stuff on microcassette while playing some field recordings (on my digital recorder) and doing live improvisation, thus creating a kid of live feeling. And that`s what I did. The name of the album is Minimal Frank – the boxset sessions. It consists of three music pieces: there`s a session going on somewhere (11.59 minutes), the light at the end of the tunnel (3.05 minutes), and layercake (15.17 minutes). If you would like a copy of the original recording, contact me (frank.zen@vif.com). It`s not for sales but for trading purposes. The second, live, enhanced version will be released (I hope) on Hal McGee`s tape label. More information here: www.haltapes.com  (check out the MOMA section for availability). 
The album is available right now. Get it here: 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment