Saturday 24 January 2015

Solitudes Volume nine – seascapes (CD)



I bought this at Renaissance Montréal for just three Canadian dollars. Yes it`s real it`s damned real people. An environmental sound experience composed of authentic natural sounds recorded by Dan Gibson. Dan Gibson (1922-2006) was a Canadian photographer, cinematographer and sound recordist (sounds like field recordings in my opinion). More than two hundred albums were released by Solitudes. That`s a lot of recordings folks. `Seascapes` (the title says it all here) is made of one long sixty minutes track. I heard in no particular order; the soothing sounds of the wind, seagulls & various shorebirds flying over the ocean, and the slow peaceful melody of the ongoing cascading waves, simply beautiful. I highly recommend this if you ever manage to find it. The perfect soundtrack for a rainy day. A soothing, and relaxing listening experience indeed. Feed me more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment