Monday 7 September 2015

Felix & The Buzzcatz – meowzaaa! (CD)



Last Friday night my good buddy Alexander Wheill (Wreck Age Recordings) came to my place for fun and drinks. He gave me a small bunch of CD`s (he was doing some summer cleaning). I`m always up for freebies. I basically listen to almost anything. He told me his wife bought this album at the dollar store. I never bought music at the dollar store before, so I got curious and started hearing it right away. I`m compulsive, what can I say. In life there`s always a good side and a bad side, nothing is perfect. Regarding this CD, the good sides are: good mix of boogie woogie, blues at times, contemporary / jazz swing. All of them songs will make you feel like dancing, good production value, it`s always entertaining, at first listen. After repeated listening the bad sides are slowly coming / creeping out: most of the songs sound the same and the novelty wears thin fast. It also brought back painful memories of almost forgotten one hit wonders of the same period; Lou Bega`s `mambo #5` (1999) and who could forget Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers `swing the mood` (1990). Now you know why it`s sold at the dollar store. I`m putting this CD on top of my `to give` pile (I will give you two dollars if you help me get rid of it, you have to be fast though, this offer ends soon, oh, too late, your loss, eh, eh, eh).

No comments:

Post a Comment