Monday 7 September 2015

Groinchurn – whoami (CD)



I have a huge pile of music to review, it`s an ongoing project. This has been lying in the bottom of my pile, for a very, very long time. Every time I looked at this CD, I don`t know why but I didn`t feel like hearing this, until now. I thought that Groinchurn was some kind of noise / experimental noise outfit. After hearing this, all I can say is I`m completely wrong here. Groinchurn was a South-African three-piece (Christo Bester - Bass + vocals, Mark Chapman – Guitar + vocals and Sergio Christina – Drums) formed in 1993. They disbanded in 2001. This is a short (14 songs = 44.10) but not sweet listening experience. The music is fast, abrupt, intense, harsh, extreme, highly aggressive grindcore (with some crust punk elements thrown in). If Carcass, Napalm Death, Deche-Charge and Agathocles are your cup of tea, you will love this album. Even an old noiser like me likes this. A particular standout track is `rotaludom` which is an instrumental almost pop little number. More information here: http://www.discogs.com/artist/388753-Groinchurn


No comments:

Post a Comment