Monday 7 September 2015

You Are The Illusion – you do not exist (CD)



Another CD Alexander Wheill (Wreck Age Recordings) gave me some time ago. Appearances sure are deceiving. There`s this black and red highly hypnotic / psychedelic cover. As I look at it, and it got me thinking this is probably one of those psychedelic / progressive / maybe folk (sure hope not) highly forgettable albums. I used to get a lot of those when I was writing `Mastock – the experimental music zine `. Which is one of the many reasons it folded. Anyways, upon the first listen I`m quite surprised. Heck, I`m pleasantly surprised, this is some good music. There`s ten tracks which, inserted in your CD player sounds like one long (61.27 minutes) music piece. This track is constantly moving / evolving / mutating / shifting into various sonic territories: death ambience, lo-fi noise, ambient noise, ambient darkwave with some ominous / bleak / dark undertones. Surprisingly this CD came out the same year as my favorite Schloss Tegal album – the soul extinguished (1991). Sheer coincidence or not, you decide. I would recommend this album if you like, in no particular order: Mort Garson`s – black mass Lucifer (1971), Nik Pascalthe sixth ear (1972), Morthoundthe goddess who could make the ugly world beautiful (1994) and Aghasthexerei im zwielicht der finsternis (1995). This one`s a keeper folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment