Tuesday 24 November 2015

Alastair Galbraith / Matt De Gennaro – long wires in dark museums volume 1 (CD)



I got this album as a trade. Alastair Galbraith is an experimental musician based in Dunedin, New Zealand. The three pieces where recorded live, in the dark at two different locations. Track 1 and track 2 recorded live 31 / 07 / 199 at Artspace, Auckland, New Zealand. The third song recorded live at the Waikato Museum Hamilton, New Zealand. This is interesting experimental, avant-garde music. I would love to see some visual elements from said concerts. To give you a better idea, here`s a brief description of each tracks.
1 – Autahi (12.08 minutes) = loud drones shifting, moving slowly i.e. ambient noise bliss.
2 – Rehua (8.17 minutes) = lo-fi, subtle long drones. I think I hear a violin (is it processed or you`re just happy to see me?) in the background. The frontier between noise and ambient noise has never been thinner.

3 – Antares (12.52 minutes) = long wires + high pitch violin = meditative noise for near ambient interludes. Good strong material. My only gripe? This album is too short (33.17 minutes) for my own taste buds. But then again, it`s good, it`s damn good. Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment