Saturday 14 November 2015

Morcheeba – big calm (CD)



I bought this for two reasons: it`s electronic music (or so I thought) and it was dirt cheap (2.00$ at Renaissance Montréal). Morcheeba are a British band from London mixing trip hop, R&B, and pop (active since 1995). `Big calm`is their second album. To be honest I`m not much into trip hop. But I have to admit, and I do plead guilty your honor. This album is simply amazing. They do an infectious mix of trip hop, electronic, R&B, blues, pop and reggae (yes, reggae dammit!!!). This album came out in 1998 and still sounds fresh today, a rare treat in the field of trip hop / electronic music. I recommend this for people with sleeping disorders or stressed-out cats (like myself). No this is not boring at all. This is relaxing, chilling-out material. Highly recommended. I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment