Saturday 14 November 2015

Chromeo – fancyfootwork (CD)





Second album from this electro-funk duo (formed in 2002) of Dave One and Pee Thuggg. I never heard their music before. I bought this CD out of sheer curiosity at Renaissance Montréal (again) for 3.00$. Upon the first listen I`m intrigued. This is dance floor material. I`m not much of a dancer but once every blue moon I listen to dance floor music, which any type of music / sounds / grooves which makes you feel like dancing, be it techno, house, disco, whatever work for you. Regarding this medium size (11 tracks = 39.53 minutes) album, it offers good positive vibes / energy. The music is a mixture of house, electro, techno, synth-pop, and disco. My standout song is #3 `fancy footwork` a groovy, funky booty shaking contagious like hell techno / disco track. These guys know how to groove, damned straight. Their music feels like the bastard offspring of, in no particular order: Ladytron, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Human League, some Kratwerk on the side, Daft Punk, and Space. Believe that. Did I mention that Chromeo are from Montréal, well I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment