Saturday 14 November 2015

Hiroshima Yeah! # 128 October 2015 (zine)



The latest issue of This 8.5 by 11 inches, black & white, cut & paste, six pages long   monthly zine. The cover star this time around is none other than the late and great (1943-1976), one of the founding members of The Supremes, Florence Ballard. Let`s begin with poetry and `sinister intimacy`. My favorite ones are:
Analogue man
I read books,
They stare at Kindles.
I spin vinyl,
They Spotify.
I am an analogue man <
In a digital world.
And
Enslavement
Did my ancestors bitch about
The advent of photography,
About cinema,
About the telephone
The way I bitch about
Smartphones,
E-readers
And social media?
Did my ancestors wonder
As I do,
When does technology
Become enslavement?
Damned straight baybee. I mean what more is there to say. Lord Gary Simmons enlightens us with `13.82 billion years of hell` (his monthly instalments, personal ramblings, and funny in a warped way writings). There`s some books, DVD and music reviews. We end it all with our usual trilogy of writing misfits: `retro old me`(Gary Simmons + Mark Ritchie warped texting), `uncle dysfunctional`(a shorty from Mark Ritchie), and `doctor Thornaby `(you have to read it to believe it). Contact: 
Mark Ritchie
94 Main street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment