Friday 22 January 2016

Bakra Bata – steel drums and percussion (CD)




I buy music I download music and I trade music. I love music. In good times / bad times music never failed me. I bought this at Renaissance Montréal, again. Never heard of Bakra Bata before. Two things caught my attention big time.
      1 – The beautiful cover artwork by Olabayo Olannyi.                     2 – With a named like `steel drums and percussion`, I immediately thought to myself SAMPLING MATERIAL! I do music / noise. I rarely use percussions / drums. I`m not much of a musician even though there`s often a rhythmic element included somewhere in my `music`. The more I hear this album and the happier I get. It`s too good to sample. I want to enjoy this until the very end. This is instrumental music using various percussions (steel pan, conga drums, bells, shakers, vibraphone, marimba, flute and gan gan aka yorouba talking drum from Nigeria) with an Afro-Caribbean feeling. It is quite festive listening material it conjures feelings of happiness, numbness and relaxation. They do a great cover version of `red wine`(a Neil Diamond original). Link here: http://bakrabataband.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment