Sunday 31 January 2016

Moby – 18 (CD)




This is the follow-up of `Play `, Moby`s ground breaking, worldwide success. It took him three years to come up with this album. If I was in his shoes and I`m not, I would spend a lot of time wandering where to go from here. I`m not a Moby fan, so I wasn`t expecting anything. I was curious. I wanted to see what he would come up with next. Life, existence itself is never perfect. There`s always good and bad things happening. Let`s start with the BAD VIBES department:
A – The first track: we are all made of stars, sounds like an old David Bowie song: `heroes`.
B – To use computer language this album could be titled `play version 2.0 `. You could also say it`s a copy and paste version of `play`.  
The GOOD VIBES department;
A – This album came out in 2002 and hasn`t aged a wee bit.
B – The whole thing is a great mix of vintage jazz, trip hop, electronica, downtempo chillout and melancholic atmospheres.
My favorite songs are:
8 – Fireworks (2.13 minutes) = outstanding instrumental, minimal, melancholic electronica.
10 – jam for the ladies (3.21 minutes) = rap + downtempo electronics = infectious grooves on the dance floor baybee! You want some, come get some here: http://www.moby.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment