Thursday 3 March 2016

Champion – résistance (CD)




This is Champion`s fourth album which came out in 2009. Champion AKA DJ Champion AKA Le Max AKA Mad Max AKA Maxime Morin (his real name) is a Montréal native (like myself). His first effort `chill`em all` was simply amazing. I couldn`t wait to hear the next step in his audio evolution. Upon the first listen I really didn`t like this. The more I hear this album (11 songs = 50.02 minutes) and the more it grows on me. `Résistance` does not sound anything like `chill`em all`. The music is a mix of electronic, rock, house, alternative rock, electro with some funk and soul elements thrown in. In fact, with all them heavy electric guitar sounds (not heavy metal territory), this album is definitely more rock oriented than electronic. The fusion of all these various styles / influences is impressive the final product`s stellar if you ask me. I didn`t hear anything quite like this yet. I wonder what he`ll do next. Get your news, info and details here: http://www.djchampion.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment