Thursday 17 March 2016

Egg- don`t postpone joy (CD)




Egg- don`t postpone joy (CD)
Egg is an electronic music duo of Guillaume Coutu Dumont and Julien Roy. Aside from a couple of singles & EPs, `don`t postpone joy `is their sole full length recording. I bought this because it came out on Mutek_Rec. I own a lot of their releases. In fact, I have their first five compilation CDs (Mutek 1-2-3-4-5). I still listen to them quite often. They made me discover some great local acts as well: Akufen, Jetone, Mitchell Akiyama, Ghislain Poirier, Deadbeat, Montag, and Egg. I was excited to find this at renaissance Montréal, cheaper than a small beer i.e. 2.00$. The music on this album (13 tracks = 65.59 minutes) is an instrumental jambalaya of various styles: electronic, leftfield, experimental, IDM and tech house. Standout tracks this time around are:
4 – Harstfield Atlanta international airport (1.27 minutes) = quirky, yet strangely funky short & sweet leftfield / tech house.
10 – El techo (5.31 minutes) = beautiful chill-out relaxing IDM. More info here: http://www.mutek.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment