Friday 4 March 2016

Gus Gus – polydistortion (CD)




Second album from this Reykjakik, Iceland band (formed in 1995). This is my second Gus Gus listening experience. I reviewed `Gus Gus vs T-World` (their fourth release) some time ago. It had elements of dub techno, trance, breaks, progressive house, techno, electro and downtempo. This album is slightly different it offers a nice variety of music styles: electronic, lounge, chill-out, techno, electro with lots of sonic experimentations going on. Some tracks are song oriented (or spoken word oriented in some cases) while other pieces are slightly instrumental numbers. I`ve been hearing this my whole weekend, this recording is amazing all the songs are good (in their own respective style). You want standout tracks? Well the whole album is standout material. At this time my favorite pieces are
# 3 – Believe = electro / electronic / weirdo techno = hit material indeed.
# 4 – Polyesterday = haunting / sensuous vocals + smooth, relaxing electro = need I say more.
# 5 – Barry = nu-jazz + electro + chill-out + trip hop influences = pure aural bliss. Highly recommended. To think it cost me only 2.00$ at my favorite Renaissance Montréal store. There is a God after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment