Friday 4 March 2016

Electronic – raise the pressure (CD)




Electronic were a duo formed in 1988 by Bernard Summer (Joy division / New Order) and Johnny Marr (The Smiths, 7 Worlds Collide, England United, Neil Finn & Friends and The Healers). Raise The pressure is their second album. I bought this for 2.00$ only at Renaissance Montréal (lucky me). Their music is an infectious mix of guitars / synthesizers going into electronic dance / music.  There`s thirteen songs on this CD (61.58 minutes). I like the Joy Division and New Order as well but I was never into The Smiths. I tried to like this, album, I tried but it doesn`t work for me at all. There`s a couple of songs which recalls New Order`s album Technique (1989).  Raise the pressure came out in 1996. Even though I don`t like this I still recommend it. Why? It simple let me explain.
A – We all have different tastes for different things. We agree to disagree.
B – This is good. Fact: almost every track has top twenty potential. With Johnny Marr and Bernard Summer at the helm you can`t go wrong.
C – Buy this. You might like it, hate it, hey to each his / her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment