Thursday 24 March 2016

Kurz Schluss – error 404 (CD)




The obscure item of the day. I found this at Renaissance Montréal at the bottom of pile of second hand DVDs. The title of the album `error 404`is an http standard response code indicating the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested. It caught my curiosity. I have a feeling this could be electronic or perhaps industrial music and 2.00 $ per CD is a good deal (you`re not afraid to experiment and try new things). Kurz Schluss is a duo (Alexis Poillot and Matthieu Le Roux) of machine and guitar i.e. electro fusion. This CD (12 songs = 68.36 minutes) is a limited edition of 1000 copies. To be honest, regarding this album, I wasn`t expecting much. My curiosity got the better of me. Sometimes it`s good not to have any expectations. Upon the first listen, I`m surprised, this is amazing. The music oscillates between various styles: dub techno, electronic, hip hop, jungle, trance, atmospheric, ambient techno with jazz elements included. Standout tracks are:
2 – Exp. 403 (5.00 minutes) = hip hop + jazz going into electronic music territory.
3 – Ohren (6.47 minutes) = chill out dub techno.
4 – Down Babylone (6.14 minutes) = even more chill out dub techno.
7 – Picture Musik (8.00 minutes) = spacy, psychedelic, minimal dub techno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment