Thursday 7 July 2016

Enigma – the cross of changes (CD)




Enigma is a German electronic music group formed in 1990 by Michael Cretu, David Fairstein and Frank Peterson. `The cross of changes `, which came out in 1993 is their second album (9 songs = 44.21 minutes). I know the name but I never heard their music before. I bought a bunch of their albums for 2.00 $ each at Renaissance Montréal. One of the issues I have with electronic music in general is when an album comes out it sounds so damned good, but it doesn`t pass the test of time. They probably sold millions of copies in 1993, I`m sure. Unfortunately this album didn`t age well at all. The music here is good, it`s well produced. They created an impressive mix of electronic, downtempo, ambient and new age. The music is dreamy at times it includes elements of world music, neo-romantism, esoterica, and some deep mythical / religious atmospheres thrown in. I`m not into new age what can I say. This is good it just doesn`t work for me folks. Contact: http://www.enigmaspace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment