Thursday 7 July 2016

Enigma – le roi est mort, vive le roi! (CD)



Enigma is a German electronic music group formed in 1990 by Michael Cretu, David Fairstein and Frank Peterson. ` le roi est mort, vive le roi! `, which came out in 1996 is their third album (12 songs = 40.39 minutes). The music is a potent mixture of downtempo, experimental and electronic music. To be honest, it`s my sixth listen and the more I hear this the more it annoys me. In reality, nothing is a 100% good or bad. Let`s see why it`s so good? Amazing music, top production work, the songs flow great together because they have a similar style. Why is it so bad? Most of the songs sound the same. It looks like a pre-established formula, your trio of the week at your local fast food joint. You have your French fries (mellow / dreamy / syrupy downtempo), your double decker burger (fluffy / chill/out beats), a big ass pop (Gregorian chants) and a small desert (vocals). So far, I heard their first three albums. I don`t feel the need for more. Don`t get me wrong it`s good music. It just doesn`t work for me. You want some come get some: http://www.enigmaspace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment